Automate daylight area ratio checking of your BIM model for optimising design decisions on indoor lighting, windows and other elements for better work and living areas.
with reports in local language and instant colouring of your BIM Model according to local requirements
Increase control of your data...
with direct connection to local rule-sets for daylight ratio; ensuring that you always are up to date with existing regulations
with workflows directly on your design model and automatically updates when you update your design
Customised for architects
Automates daylight requirements checking (simplified method) based on local standards. Set the required minimum Windows-to-Floor Area Ratio of each room and the plug-in checks automatically whether the room meets your given requirements. Get a quick overview how much daylight each room has, given by the glass areas in all curtain walls and windows from each room. Naviate Daylight use the floor area of all defined rooms in the model to define floor areas needed to calculate daylight area rate and in order to get the room bounded surrounding walls, windows, and panes.
- Norwegian Regulations: Byggteknisk forskrift § 13-7. Lys b. for dwelling units
- Swedish Regulations: Boverkets byggregler § 6.322 Dagsljus, and SS 914201
- Danish regulations: Bygningsreglementet 2018 (BR18) § 18 1.2
- Dutch Building Decree Part 3.11 "Daglicht" according to NEN 2057
- LEED 2009 EQc8.1
Naviate Daylight brings Revit to a new higher performance level by providing automated daylight checking and decision support for your integrated BIM design.
Schedule a demo
- Scans the BIM model and reports daylight ratio compliance against required minimums
- Synchronises with Revit units of measurement
- Automatically adds and saves the daylight area ratio values per room in the Autodesk Revit model
- Accepts input of required minimum daylight area ratio per room area
- Uses floor areas of rooms and glass areas of windows, doors, and curtain walls
- Displays your daylight ratio results
- Creates a Daylight Performance Indicator in the Building Performance Dashboard